My name is Sylvia Dreiser Farnsworth. I am the founder of the QiBounding® method and work as Rebounding trainer / Training Instructor and body/mind coach, using a holistic approach to health and well-being.
Since I certified 1983 in the F.M. Alexander Technique, I help people in becoming conscious about their body and mind and to overcome behaviors that are standing in the way to optimum health.
With my method which includes bodywork as well as inner work - I am a certified facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie - I offer simple yet effective solutions for a happier healthier life.
QiBounding is only part of my services. You find all my work on
my main website is www.ActiveEmbrace.com
- The Alexander Technique® – Sylvia has certified as teacher of the Alexander Technique in1983. She is one of its first teachers of this method in Germany. In 2003 and 2004, Sylvia worked as member of the board of directors of the SLVAT (Society of teachers of the Alexander Technique in Switzerland), responsible for the quality of the Alexander-Technique training given in the AT schools in Switzerland. Sylvia uses the Alexander technique as the basis of all her movement teachings.
- Dynamic Rebounding® – Certified as Rebounding Teacher in Switzerland. Sylvia worked closely together with the founders of Dynamic Rebounding, Ingrid Luginbühl and Birgit Buschmann.
- Bones for Life® – Sylvia enjoyed the great gift of personal training from founder Ruthy Alon. 2006, Oakland, CA.
- Spiraldynamik® – Sylvia studied Spiral Dynamic movement and therapy in Switzerland with co-founder Christian Heel, author of the movement bible, Movement Systems. 2002, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Core Process Psychotherapy® – Sylvia is one of a handful of practitioners personally trained by Maura Sills, founder of Core Process Psychotherapy and the Karuna Institute (UK), 2003, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Pelvic Floor Training with expert Leslie Howard, 2007 San Francisco, CA.
- Iyengar Yoga® with Yoga expert Suzie Muchnic, 2010, Naples, FL.
- Biocognitive Science with Dr. Mario Martinez, is a new paradigm that investigates the causes of health and identifies how our beliefs affect our immune, nervous and endocrine systems and how we can reprogram ourselves for a life in health, abundance and joy. 2014, Berkeley, CA.
- The Work of Byron Katie - (Inquiry Based Stress Reduction) Certified Facilitator for the Work of Byron Katie. 2015, Ojai, CA.
- Today Sylvia is working as Mind-Body Coach by offering in-person training / coaching sessions using Skype or Zoom and by offering 5-day Personal Retreats at her Center in Naples, Florida.
Sylvia lives in Naples, Florida.
For those who love American literature: Sylvia is a direct descendant of American's novelist Theodore Dreiser.